Windows Forensic Boot Disk
Tools For The SAFE Windows Forensic Boot DiskSAFE supports the ability to run third party Windows tools in the SAFE operating system environment. The following tools have been tested on a limited basis and are currently supported*:
|| Download Trial |
Tools Disk Creator
Download Tools Disk Creator For Licensed SAFE
To use these third party tools, you must create a USB SAFE Tools Disk, which is a USB drive specifically partitioned and formatted as a SAFE Tools Disk. SAFE Tools Disks are described further in the SAFE Manual. The Trial Tools Disk Creator does not require a SAFE dongle and will allow only FTK Imager, EnCase6, X-Ways Forensics, and WinRAR. The Tools Disk Creator for licensed SAFE requires the SAFE dongle in order for it to run and make a tools disk. It allows adding all of the tools listed above and the ability to read from a configuration file to add new tools.
To create a USB SAFE tools disk:
- You must have a licensed version of the tool(s) you wish to install, and the tool must be installed on the computer that you use to create the USB SAFE Tools Disk.
- Download the Trial USB SAFE Tools Disk Creator, or the USB SAFE Tools Disk Creator for licensed SAFE, from one of the links above.
- Install it on your computer. If you are using the USB SAFE Tools Disk Creator for licensed SAFE, then insert your SAFE dongle to the workstation.
- Insert a USB drive to your computer. This will become your tools disk. When you run the USB SAFE Tools Disk Creator, you will be prompted for the tools you wish to install. If the applications are not in the expected location on your computer, you will be prompted to browse to the application's folder. (Note that this application will reformat your USB drive.)
- Once you create a USB SAFE Tools Disk, simply insert it into a USB port of any machine booted to SAFE. SAFE will recognize the tools disk, install the tools present on the disk, and your tool(s) will be available on a Y:\ drive for you to use while in the SAFE operating system environment.
*The manufacturers of these 3rd party tools are not partners with ForensicSoft and there is no guarantee that all features of these tools are designed to be compatible with the SAFE environment.