SAFE Block is a software-based write-blocker that facilitates the quick and safe acquisition and/or analysis of any disk or flash storage media attached directly to your Windows workstation. It is proven to be safe, significantly faster than hardware write-blocking solutions, and used across the globe by agencies, law enforcement, and private firms.
SAFE Windows Boot Disk
SAFE boots a computer to a forensically sound (write-blocked) version of Windows that serves as a platform for all popular Windows acquisition and analysis tools. Due to recent licensing changes by Microsoft, SAFE is no longer commercially available. Please stay tuned as our teams develop a new SAFE 2.0 for Windows.
In the News...
- March, 2015 - SAFE Block for Windows 8 and Windows 10 Release
- The highly anticipated release of SAFE Block Win8/10 is here! Now with full support for remembering GPT disks as part of a completely new and improved disk identification process, supports SSD TRIM/UnMap/Sanitize blocking, and detailed device information for all attached disks.
- October, 2012 - Department of Defense Releases Validation Reports on ForensicSoft Products!
- SafeBlock Validation Report
- Safe Boot Disk Validation Report
- June, 2011 - SAFE Version 1.2.1 Release
- Contains bugfixes to Minimal Boot Mode
- March, 2011 - SAFE Version 1.2 Release
SAFE Block Win8/10 Now Available!
A new and greatly improved version of SAFE Block is now available for the Windows 8.x, Windows 10, and Server 2012 platforms, with new detailed Device Information available for all devices! Native Windows 8 SSD TRIM/UnMap/Sanatize blocking and a new device identification process greatly improve the functionality and safety you have come to know and trust in SAFE Block Windows 7. Download your 7-day trial license today!.
Customers with prior versions of SAFE Block will receive $100 off the regular price when upgrading to SAFE Block Win8/10. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org your SAFE Block license serial number (found in your license.dat file), specify the version you need (x32 or x64), and our team will email you a SAFE Block Win8/10 coupon code to use during checkout.
Who we are...
ForensicSoft, incorporated in 2005, is committed to providing tools for computer forensic investigators and legal professionals who handle digital evidence. Learn more...
Who uses our products...
Check out a small sampling of our ever-growing list of U.S. and International customers within Law Enforcement, Government, eDiscovery and Private Industry here...